Monday, July 2, 2012

Recently I bought a Glastron 205gt with a volvo penta lower end sx-a.  Big mistake. I bought the boat brand new however... last year I had some problems with the trim not going up and or down. I brought it back to the dealer who said it was a lousy design and that they dont deal with them anymore.  The tried a quick fix that only worked for a month or so. I called Volvo Penta today to find out what could be done. The tilt trim pump assembly is bad and leaking. They said that the piece is  $800 and they dont have any program to deal with the problem. My warrantee is up ...my friend. They also said they are  aware of the design flaw but that I'm on my own champ. Nice... So  I asked if they could send me the part at dealer cost and I would repair myself..... naa. Sorry  cant help you sir. ..Is there anything else??   What??   25k dont buy u much.  Not happy with the boat or the outdrive SX-A. Volvo Penta was anything but helpful or even sympathetic..haha.  I guess it sucks to me.... huh Volvo Penta.  The Retail dealer suffers and the Buyer suffers on this one.  So I guess I have only one option...complain on the internet. 

So I guess I will probably look around on the internet and see what others are saying about my next boat before I buy it. I hear the Merc cruiser is a much better design. Here are some photos of the Trim motor and leaking pump and cover etc.  dont buy it...its junk.   Thanks for viewing. Feel free to add related  posts.

Sincerely
Dummy who bought the Volvo Penta out drive.
Have a nice day





 Volvo Penta Trim Pump  $800   LOL    haha  Sorry Sir .... Like they say at the auctions...

                                                                "you bought it!"



4 comments:

  1. I have gone through two at dealer cost, just getting ready to go through another one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a new designed. Volvo is minimizing the cost of this poor design by not issuing a recall. Volvo is paying for the part for some customers while others that do not educate themselves are paying out of pocket.
    Marina's are also taking advantage of customers. I talked with 3 marina's one said volvo pays for the part you just pay for labour(this was the honest marina) the second said volvo only pays for 25% of the part. The third said volvo does not pay anything.
    Volvo Penta should step up to the plate as many people are being taken advantage of because of their poor design. Make no mistake if your trim has the white plug it will eventually leak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just let ours sit in the yard. Same Glastron (2007) pump went out thankfully the first time when it was still under warranty. When that pump went out less than a year later of course not under warranty we just could not afford the $1,200 the dealer wanted for the repair. The boat has been in the yard for 5 years now and only now are we contemplating the repair. But as luck would have it we cannot find the stupid part ANYWHERE online.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They got us too. Dealer was even worse. Added 900 to a spendy vacation. We bought the boat new, and I believe we had about 60ish hours on it. There isnt enough room to tell all the problems we have had with this boat, and honestly I wouldn't even believe them if they hadn't happened to me. I'll go ahead and out chaparral too. Their service is horrible.

    ReplyDelete